Deriving that the intelligent designer of creation is God rather than just a first cause of energized order can be based on the characteristics of creation. Intelligent design in creation reflects the qualities possessed by the intelligent designer.
Consider the following characteristics observed in creation and their associated traits ascribed to the designer:
- Complex design in the physical world indicates an intelligent designer.
- Intelligence indicates personality.
- The fine tuning of the universe to make life possible indicates purpose and compassionate preparation.
- The physical world shows extreme complexity.
- The physical world shows creativity.
- The physical world shows astronomical size and power.
- A supernatural entity having intelligence, personality, purpose, compassion, complexity, creativity, and astronomical size and power fits the description of God.