Deriving that the intelligent designer of creation is God rather than just a first cause of energized order can be based on the characteristics of creation. Intelligent design in creation reflects the qualities possessed by the intelligent designer.
Consider the following characteristics observed in creation and their associated traits ascribed to the designer:
- Complex design in the physical world indicates an intelligent designer.
- Intelligence indicates personality.
- The fine tuning of the universe to make life possible indicates purpose and compassionate preparation.
- The physical world shows extreme complexity.
- The physical world shows creativity.
- The physical world shows astronomical size and power.
- A supernatural entity having intelligence, personality, purpose, compassion, complexity, creativity, and astronomical size and power fits the description of God.
How did God come to be? Who made God? When did God begin?
God is eternal. He has no beginning or end. Along with creation, time was created. Prior to creation and time, God existed. For this reason, God identified Himself to Moses as ‘I AM’ (Ex 3:14). And Jesus said of Himself in John 8:58, “…Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” Everything in time is present tense to God. It is. Being the Creator of time, He is not subject to time. He is not bound to a linear progression of events—past, present, and future. And because He is always present tense, He is always the same past, present, and future. Change would require a past that is different from the future. However, this does not prevent God from interacting with His creation confined to the linear progression in time.
Is there a difference between atheists and evolutionists? Yes. Atheism is the belief that there is no God. Some would argue that disbelief is not a belief. But atheism is a position held by those who conclude that there is no God. They ‘believe’ they are correct. Those who are uncertain what to believe about God’s existence are agnostic. Evolution is the belief that the origin of species, life, and the universe resulted from an evolution (or change) in organized energy from preexisting conditions over time. Some claim the word, ‘evolution’ simply means ‘change’; but biology textbooks and dictionaries show that such a claim is false. While the word Continue Reading